Here’s a look at the results from Thursday’s second-leg fixtures:
Dynamo Kyiv 0-5 Chelsea (Chelsea win 8-0 on aggregate)
It was an easy night at the office for Chelsea, as Giroud opened the scoring five minutes into the contest before completing the hat-trick with his Europa League-leading ninth goal in the second half.
Red Bull Salzburg 3-1 Napoli (Napoli win 4-3 on aggregate)
RB Salzburg made it interesting by canceling out Arkadiusz Milik‘s brilliant opener with a trio of goals to win 3-1 on Thursday. But the deficit after the first leg proved too great for the Austrian side, as Napoli will now compete in the quarterfinal stage of the Europa League for the first time since 2015.
Krasnodar 1-1 Valencia (Valencia win 3-2 on aggregate)
Valencia are off to the next round after Thursday’s thriller saw the Spanish club narrowly get by FC Krasnodar, 3-2 on aggregate. The Russian side looked set to pull off the huge upset until Guedes’ goal in second-half stoppage time canceled out Magomed-Shapi Suleymanov’s stunning strike.
- Arsenal vs. Rennes (Rennes lead 3-1 on aggregate)
- Benfica vs. Dinamo Zagreb (Zagreb lead 1-0 on aggregate)
- Inter vs. Eintracht Frankfurt (Tied 0-0 on aggregate)
- Slavia Prague vs. Sevilla (Tied 2-2 on aggregate)
- Villarreal vs. Zenit St. Petersburg (Villarreal lead 3-1 on aggregate)
Copyright © 2019 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.