Add Paulie Malignaggi to the long list of people who’ve been sent into a fury by Conor McGregor.
The now-retired former two-weight boxing champion was one of McGregor’s main sparring partners for his upcoming professional boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather on Aug. 26, but broke off the relationship when unflattering photos of their sessions were released Thursday.
Malignaggi went on a Twitter spree Thursday evening to defend himself from criticism and did so again in the early hours Friday. The former boxer claimed he got the upper hand on the UFC champion, which he says led McGregor to shove him to the ground (one of the photos released showed Malignaggi down on the canvas, seemingly knocked down by "Notorious":
Malignaggi, as he did the day before, called for “unedited” videos of his sessions with McGregor to be released:
Malignaggi previously said his sparring fights with McGregor had a “lot of violence.” He reiterated that it’s normal for sessions such as these to get intense, but also criticized McGregor for what he deemed to be “unethical” behavior by trying to manipulate the narrative:
Copyright © 2017 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.